What is MobiFilter?
MobiFilter was created to fill the need for content filtering on Android devices. Using specially developed software, it redirects all web traffic through our customized, highly scalable filtering servers. Mobifilter is sold as a service with monthly or yearly pricing available and is licensed on a per user basis.
MobiFilter provides the following filtering technology:
Content Filtering / Whitelist / Blacklist—This provides a secure browsing experience. We have a large list of blocked sites. If a site is not blocked immediately we run it through our content scanner in search of improper material.
How to Purchase / Pricing
Yearly Billing - $49.99CAD/year*
Monthly Billing- $4.99CAD/month
To signup visit our Paypal Signup Page. .
MobiFilter instructions for Android phones
There will be several usernames & passwords that you will need for this process so do have a pen & paper handy to record them for future use.
- PayPal (if you already have a PayPal account got to step 2)
- A PayPal account is required to pay for this filter. If you don't have a PayPal account, go to www.paypal.com and select signup. Follow the instructions to open an account. This step can be done on your computer.
- Set up your Paypal payment plan.
- From any web browser go to http://www.mobifilter.net/paypalsignup and follow the prompts to set up your PayPal payment. Write down the username & password that you receive from PayPal. You can also use the email address on your paypal account for both the username and password for MobiFilter.
- Install MobiFilter
- On the phone that you want to filter, go to Google Play (formerly called Android Market) or select it in your apps folder. In the search bar type in MobiFilter and select MobiFilter Browser. Download and install the MobiFilter browser.
- Start the browser.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the username and password you received when you signed up for the PayPal payment. It is recommended to select the "remember your password" checkbox so you don't need to enter it again. Go to this website http://test.mobifilter.net and if you get a screen in red print that says access has been denied the filter is installed correctly. If a message appears, that your device is not filtered, you need to contact MobiFilter support.
- Block the native or default browser. Do this by using an Application called "Perfect App Protector" by Morrison Smartware. The free version provides enough control.
- A. On the phone that you installed MobiFilter, go to Google Play (formerly called Android Market) or select it in your apps folder. In the search bar type in Perfect App Protector and select the free version from the list. Select download and follow intructions to install the app. After the app is installed, open it using the default unlock code that is shown on the screen. Select the ALL tab and wait for the program to load all the applications on the phone. Scroll down the list to the default browser(s) and press the padlock icon to lock the browser. Be sure you don't lock the Mobifilter browser! It is filtered so a lock isn't needed. You can lock any other browser related programs and if you made a mistake they can be unlocked as needed.
- Go to the settings tab and scroll down to the place where you can change the password. Here a "responsible person" (someone other than the phone user) types in a password to protect this app. DO NOT FORGET THIS PASSWORD.
- Restart the phone and try to open the default browser. If the Perfect App Protector window comes up you have successfully set up this program.